Monday, October 3, 2011

Engine Maintenance Belts

Early this week we decided to do so engine maintenance on the the engine. I removed the engine fan so that I could check the condition of the belts. There are two belts that are the same length. After talking with my teacher we decided to remove and replace them. I released the tension on the two belts. The Alternator moves to titan or release the belts. The belts were removed. We are ordering new belts soon.




I removed the timing belt inspection cover to take a look at the condition of the timing belt.  We decided to change the timing belt. So I remove the crankshaft pulley and removed the plastic shield that protects the time belt and pulleys. The service manual would have the information on replacing the time belt but we don't have the manual. Via internet search we found a write on a form how to do replace it. Below there are some picture of the process.