Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Temperture Gauge

One of the last things I did on the Isuzu trooper was the temperature gauge. I tried to figure out the stock temperature gauge with the wiring diagrams we had but, the diagrams were unlcear where the wires went. The stock temperature gauge wasn't working. We tried everything we could to get it working. My teacher went and got a dash mountable temperature gauge. The after market gauge came with its own temperature sensor. On the new temperature gauge there were three terminals +,- and S (temperature sensor signal wire). I ran wires through the firewall and connected them to the ground, sensor module , and 12 volt positive source. When I was wiring the radio in I found two wires which were alumination and dimmer. I connect the wires to the light for the temperature gauge so that when you turn the lights on the gauge lights up.